For Immediate Grief Support Call First Candle 1-800-221-7437
“First Candle is dedicated to reducing the rates of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), Sudden Unexpected Infant Death and preventable Stillbirths by educating caregivers and families, and supporting research. We are also committed to offering bereavement support for grieving families.”
Star Legacy Foundation: Stillbirth Education, Research, and Awareness. “The Star Legacy Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to reducing pregnancy loss and neonatal death and improving care for families who experience such tragedies. We are a community of families, health professionals, researchers, policy makers, and individuals dedicated to helping every pregnancy have a happy ending.” Learn more here.
M.E.N.D. (Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death): A Christian, non-profit organization that reaches out to families who have suffered the loss of a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth, or early infant death. They publish free bi-monthly magazines, hold commemorative ceremonies, and host a variety of support groups throughout the nation.
M.E.N.D. also provides a compilation of resources that they have tended to for 19 years. You can find that resource list here.
Still Birth Day : “If you are miscarrying right now, or have just found out that when your pregnancy is over your baby will likely not survive, this website is the right place for you.” If you are interested in learning about all the things the Still Birth Day website strives to provide for families, start here. Still Birth Day is an organization that seeks to “nurture sources of perinatal bereavement, strengthen skills of healthcare professionals and increase healthy engagement of perinatal related needs among communities.”
- Saying Goodbye provides support for anyone who has suffered baby loss, at any stage of pregnancy, at birth or in infancy, whether the loss be recent or historic.
- Growing You supports people who are pregnant following the loss of a baby.
- Holding Hope provides information to those having fertility issues.
- Waiting for You walks alongside people going through the adoption process.
- Love in Every Tear helps guide people who are supporting others through loss.
- So Cherished supports families who have received a terminal or life altering diagnosis over over their child.